New Style Week Day 4 is here, and we're keeping it stylish with the one and only Kitty White, better known as Hello Kitty! Hello Kitty has always been a fashion icon, and with her vide variety of looks, there's no mistaking it. That's why we're more than happy to welcome the most iconic kitten yet, 70s Hello Kitty!
Instead of her usual pink attire, Hello Kitty is clad in blue overalls and yellow tee, a warm combination fitting for the summer. Hello Kitty made her debut in 1974, and this version is a reminder of that. Today, many Sanrio characters exist, including Keroppi, Badtz-Maru, Cinnamoroll, Gudetama and Aggretsuko to name a few! However, Hello Kitty has, and always will have a special place in hearts around the world. Here are a few Hello Kitty facts that could help explain why:
- Although Sanrio is a Japanese company, Hello Kitty is actually British. She was born in London, to parents George and Mary.
- Hello Kitty's birth year is the year she was created (1974), making her 44 in November!
- Hello Kitty was named the Japanese Ambassador for Tourism in Hong Kong and China in 2008.
- Hello Kitty made her TV debut in the late '80s. Before then, she was only found as merchandise.
- Hello Kitty is a third grader.
- Hello Kitty has a pet cat called Charmmy Kitty. Also, Hello Kitty is not a cat, just a little girl.
- There are at least 10 Hello Kitty time capsules scattered across the world, and they are meant to be made into a Hello Kitty sculpture that will be displayed at the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo.
Can't get enough of the stylish girl? Time to rock the 70s Hello Kitty Kigurumi!
Sources :http://www.chipchick.com/2015/05/22-amazing-hello-kitty-facts.html, https://hellogiggles.com/reviews-coverage/things-didnt-know-hello-kitty/,http://www.softschools.com/facts/fiction/hello_kitty_facts/3205/